A program that had been giving free basic Internet services to over three million Egyptians was shut down on Wednesday, social media site Facebook said.
In a statement to The Associated Press, Facebook said it hoped to “resolve this situation soon” so the program, which it had launched with Etisalat Egypt some two months ago, could be restored.
"We’re disappointed that Free Basics will no longer be available in Egypt,” it said. “More than 1 million people who were previously unconnected had been using the Internet because of these efforts.”
No comments:
Post a Comment